Friday, April 22, 2005

Benecol!!!

For the past year I have been fighting with my High cholesterol. I was put on some statin drugs that all inflamed my liver, was pushing 10x above normal liver enzymes levels. To top that I was also on some other medications that can bother your liver. So, my doc was more concerned about my high cholesterol and was going to take me off my other meds if my liver stayed inflamed. She also wanted me to get get an ultrasound of my liver to make sure that there was not other reasons of my inflamed liver. She kept switching my Statin drugs to see if that would help, it did not. On the 11th hour of an ultrasound I quit my Statin drugs and didn't tell my doc. I knew that it was that drug that was messin with my liver. Well they took one last blood test and WOW my enzymes went down! Imagine that! BUT now my cholesterol is going to go up again right people?!? Well I chose to try this stuff called Benecol. Ate the recommended amount a day and, well 6 weeks later I have gone from 257 down to 194! I am so happy with this spread. It tastes kinda funny when you first start eating it but you get used to it after a few times. My ex's father uses it too and his is good too. So, if you don't want to or cant afford Statin drugs give Benecol a try. I did and I'm glad I did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home